Saturday, September 14, 2013

{Review} New! Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm

Most people know that I love Babylips! When the first collection came out I never thought there would be others to follow, but I am so happy that there have been! I reviewed the first "original" babylips in August last year, and I'm still using them! To see that video, click below:

Then in March, some new, limited edition shades of Babylips came out, and I reviewed those here:
Then AGAIN this past August, the Electro version was released, and I reviewed them in this video:


So if you didn't know before reading this blog that I love Babylips, I think you do now! 

So onto the newest Babylips: Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm

I love the idea that these are medicated, because I have very chapped lips all year round, and especially in the winter.  So now that the seasons are changing, this is the perfect time to reveal a product like this!  Here they are in their packaging:


I had already opened them up at this point, but I thought it might be nice to show you the actual package they came in.  I love the soft colors, and the fact that they are white- it really gives you that soothing feeling just by looking at it!


I purchased all 6 colors, shown above


Here you can get a better idea of what the colors look like, and how adorable they look! (aw)







I swatched them above so that you can see the colors better, but to see them on my actual lips, check out my video here:


Overall I really enjoyed these new Babylips! I thought the colors were exceptional, most of them I liked more than any other collection I reviewed.  The only downside is that these are not scented like the other ones- they smell like menthol which is the ingredient in them that helps your chapped lips.  This smells exactly like Halls cough drops.  But I can actually get past that because I love the colors and I need the extra medicine on my lips.  
By the way, I wore them yesterday and today my lips already feel better! 

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the swatches! i'll be picking up the new maybelline baby lips for my UK friend ;)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baby Lips (Dr Rescue) 60 berry soft gave light color on to my lips made my lips became more chapped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they brang them in the UK, I love the baby lips <3 i think theyre amazing xx

    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. im definitely picking up the soothing sorbet one :D

    ReplyDelete